Man in critical condition after falling out of moving car on A149

A man remains in a critical condition in hospital after falling out of a moving car on the A149 in Stalham.

Norfolk police said that at about 8am yesterday a red BMW 1 series was travelling in the direction of North Walsham from Great Yarmouth when a man was seen to leave the moving vehicle, on the passenger side. He fell on the A149 near Richardson’s boatyard and rolled towards the edge of the road. Police said the driver of the BMW did not stop at the scene.

Members of the public came to the man’s aid until the East of England Ambulance Service arrived. He was then taken to Addenbrooke’s hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries and remains there in a critical condition.

Officers are keen to trace two men who stopped at the scene to assist with the man’s injuries.

Anyone with information should contact Great Yarmouth CID on 101.

Alternatively, if you have any information about this incident you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their Anonymous Online Form at

Fire crews called to house fire in Belton

Two crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston were called at 8.24am to reports of a fire in Orwell Crescent.

The first appliance was on scene at 8.35am but a spokesman for Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service said the fire had been extinguished by the time they got there.

It is believed the incident happened at a residential property.

Man charged with hospital public order offences

A man is to appear in court charged with a series of public order offences following an incident at the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston.

Paul Guy, 59, of Denmark Road, Lowestoft, has been charged by police with committing three public order offences, including one of racially aggravated abuse.

The charges follow police attending reports of a disturbance at the hospital on Saturday night.

Guy has been bailed to appear at Great Yarmouth Magistrates’ Court on October 3.

Armed police incident in Great Yarmouth is still on-going

An ongoing police operation is taking place on Victoria Road in Great Yarmouth with armed police and dog units in attendance.

Norfolk Police have blocked off parts of the road as the operation continues.

Armed police have been seen to enter a property at the end of the road by Blackfriars Road and before they entered officers shouted “armed police”.

It appeared no arrests were made.

Officers could be seen with a sniffer dog and some police units have been replaced at the scene.

A spokesman for Norfolk police said the situation is still on-going and would not provide any more information for operational reasons.

Tragedy deepens for cancer-hit coach operator as wife dies suddenly

Norfolk coach operator Charles Reynolds has hailed as a great comfort the “incredible” number of messages from well-wishers following the sudden death of his wife.

Mr Reynolds, who is receiving treatment for cancer, said his wife Julie died in the James Paget Hospital on Thursday following a short illness.

She was 60-years-old.

The couple, he said, had had a “rollercoaster” year following Mr Reynolds’ bombshell cancer diagnosis and the subsequent heartbreaking sale of his fleet of coaches last month.

And in the days leading up to her death he said he was unable to visit her because he was also in the same hospital, his immune system compromised by cancer.


No Comments

Post A Comment