19 Feb Thai green chicken curry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-2 tbsp ready-made green curry paste
- 6 chicken thighs, skin and bones removed, meat cut into strips
- 400ml tin coconut milk
- 2 lime leaves (optional)
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- handful green beans, trimmed
- handful asparagus spears
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Thai fragrant rice, cooked according to packet instructions
- handful fresh coriander leaves (optional)
Heat the oil in a wok over a high heat until smoking. Add the green curry paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant.
Add the chicken strips and stir until coated in the curry paste. Continue to stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until the chicken has browned on all sides.
Add the coconut milk, lime leaves, fish sauce and sugar and stir well. Bring the mixture to the boil, then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering. Continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
Add the green beans and asparagus and continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly, until just tender. Season with salt and pepper.
To serve, spoon the rice into four serving bowls, then ladle over the Thai green chicken curry. Sprinkle over the coriander leaves.
Chicken thighs are very tasty and much cheaper than chicken breasts, perfect for cooking on a budget.