25 Nov Christmas in Great Yarmouth
11 Amazing things to do in Great Yarmouth this Christmas.
1. Friday 4th Dec. 6:00pm – 9:00pm.,Cliff Park Orminston Acadamy are holding their Christmas Fayre. There will be plenty of stalls for Christmas gifts, Santa’s Grotto, Bouncy Castle, Food, Drink, Games, Raffles and entertainment.
2. Saturday 5th Dec. Andy and Karen at The Grayling will open their Santa Grotto at 12:30pm – 6:00pm, the ‘Donkey Reindeers’ will also be there. The Grotto will then be open Monday 7th – Friday 4:00pm – 6:30pm and Saturday 12:00 pm -2:30 then 4:30pm – 6:30pm through to Christmas Eve. So come along enjoy a meal and let the children visit Santa and tell him what they want for Christmas. Price to see Santa is £2:00 and they are asking for a donation to have a Donkey Reindeer Ride. All monies Raised during this period is being donated to the Caister Lifeboat.
3. Also in the evening of Saturday 5th at St Georges Theatre The Testostatones Brittains biggest Acapella Group have their Totally Christmas Show. This is at 7:30 .Tickets £11 Concessions £10 .
4. Saturday 9th Dec. We have the now famous Coca Cola Lorry visiting Great Yarmouth This will be parked in the Market Place from 12:00 pm – 20:00 pm
5. Also in the Market Place is the Ice Rink. This must be booked in advance at the booking office or online at http://www.great-yarmouth.co.uk/whats-on/ice-rink.aspx Prices for a 45 minute session with skate hire are £6.00 for adults, £5.00 for children aged 4-16 and £26.50 for a group of up to five. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
6. Market Gates and most of the Town Centre have their late night shopping on Wednesdays in the run up to Christmas where you can enjoy the Christmas atmosphere and get in some present buying. Just past Debenhams you will also find Santa’s Grotto.
7. The Christmas Tree & Crib festival will be held in the Great Yarmouth Minster from Friday 11th til Sunday 20th Dec. Nearly a Hundred Christmas trees & Cribs wil be on show . There will also be refreshments available.
8. St Georges have their Pantomime Cinderella RunnChristmas Tree & Crib Festival at Great Yarmouth Minstering from 18th Dec throught to the 10th January.Ticket prices for this are Adults £11.50, Concs £10, Children £9, Family Ticket Only £38 (Max 2 children, 2 adults) £1 off Each Ticket with bookings of 15+
If your not a Cinderella fan then:
9. Gorleston Pavilion Have Dick Wittington from Wednesday 9th Dec. – January 2nd Ticket prices for this one are: Adult £12.50 Concession £10.00 ,Child (15 and under)£9.00, Family (2A 2C)£10.00
- So come along and enjoy one of your favourite Christmas Pantomimes. Contact the booking office for your tickets, but hurry they are selling fast.
10. The Hippodrome are holding their Christmas Spectacular Circus and Water Show and will open on Dec 12th. This is one of the biggest shows in East Anglia and not to be missed a great treat for Christmas for the whole family. Please ring the box office for prices on 01493 844172
|Sat 12 – Sun 13 Dec 2015|
|Sat 19 – Thu 24 Dec 2015|
|Sat 26 Dec 2015 – Mon 4 Jan 2016|
|Sat 9 – Sun 10 Jan 2016|
11. Don’t forget Santa’s tour coming to Stret near you.
• November 29 – Great Yarmouth Market Place – 12.00 noon to 4.00pm
• December 2 – Bradwell South – 6.30pm to 9.00pm
• December 3 – Bradwell North – 6.30pm to 9.00pm
• December 4 – Gorleston and Avondale Road – 6.30pm to 9.00pm
• December 5 – Morrisons, Great Yarmouth Market Place, and Asda – 10.00am to 4.00pm
• December 6 – B&Q and Next – 10.00am to 4.00pm
• December 7 – Cobholm and Southtown – 6.30pm to 9.00pm
• December 8 – Barrack Estate – 6.30pm to 9.00pm
• December 9 – Gorleston South – 6.30pm to 9.00pm
• December 10 – Newtown South – 6.30pm to 9.00pm
• December 11 – Trafalgar and Baliol Road – 6.30pm to 9.00pm
• December 12 – Tesco – 10.00am to 4.00pm
• December 13 – Belton – 4.00pm to 7.00pm
• December 14 – Maygrove and Northgate – 6.30pm to 9.00pm
• December 16 – Magdalen South – 6.30pm to 9.00pm
• December 17 – Newtown North – 6.30pm to 9.00pm
• December 18 – Magdalen North – 6.30pm to 9.00pm
• December 19 – Tesco – 10.00am to 4.00pm
• December 19 – Yarmouth Stadium – 7.00pm onwards
• December 20 – Hopton including Beacon Park – 4.00pm to 7.00pm
• December 21 – Shrublands – 6.30pm to 9.00pm